Friday

Sweet Potato Wedges

     I was in the mood for some sweet potato fries as a little snack before dinner. I can honesty say that I''ve spent the majority of my day in the kitchen. 'Party of one please'. After all, I had 4 days to kill. Oh yes, you heard that right. 4 long days of not leaving the house. Why, one may ask? Well being a medical Esthetician I like to experiment with things like lasers and acid. I know, sounds like a party. So I made a little trip to Trader Joes and grabbed everything that could fit into the the friedge (sorry roommies).   I don’t love the way the dip looks, but it does taste good. Remember, the larger the wedges, the longer they will need to cook. Serve with some ice cold Stone IPA ,(just a suggestion) and enjoy:)


Sweet Potato Wedges
6 Small or 3 Lrg Sweet Potatoes
3 tbs. Olive Oil
2 tea. Sea Salt
1 tea. Black Pepper
1/2 tea. Chili Powder
1/2 tea. Chipotle
1/2 tea. Cinnamon
1/2 tea. Cumin
  • Preheat oven to 450
  • Cut potatoes into wedges.
  • Place in bowl and toss with Olive Oil.
  • In separate small bowl mix spices and then toss in with potatoes
  • Lay foil on baking sheet
  • Spread out potatoes evenly 
  • Place in oven and bake until potatoes are golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes.  
  • Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.


Avocado, Parmesan Yogurt Dip
1/2 c. Plain Yogurt
1/2 Avocado
1 Garlic Clove
3 tbs. Parmesan Cheese
Sea Salt
  • In food processor add all ingredients and blend well. 
  • Garnish with avocado so people know why this dip is green. 

Serves 2-3


Gluten Free, No Refined Sugar, No Butter, Vegetarian


No comments:

Post a Comment