Saturday

Apple Beet Spinach Salad

I served this along side the Mint Zucchini Quiche and they complemented one another. I thought it was strange at first, but then again I talk to my food all the time. 
















1/2 tea. Coconut Oil (olive oil works) 
1/2 c. Walnuts
1 tbs. Honey
1 Apple, thinly sliced 
3 Baby Beets, ( pre-steamed & peeled, I get mine from Trader Joes) sliced 
4 c. Baby Spinach
3 tbs. Orange Champagne Vinegar (Trader Joes) 
1/4 c. Goat Cheese
  • In medium bowl toss apples and beets 
  • In small pan, heat oil on medium
  • Add walnuts and cook for about 5 mins
  • Add honey and cook an additional 2 mins, stirring frequently
  • Add to apple and beet mixture
  • In larger bowl, toss spinach and orange vinegar
  • Mix all ingredients together and spoon onto dishes 
  • Top with goat cheese and serve

Serves 2-3
Gluten Free, No Refined Sugar, No Butter, Vegetarian

No comments:

Post a Comment