Friday

Raw Ginger Dressing

                               ***Revised 2.5.11***        
(I made this again tonight and made a few changes. I wanted it to be a lot thicker, less oil and more ginger.)


Like I sad in my last post, I’ve been on a specific, strict diet/cleanse that only allows lean protein, certain low glycimic veggies, olive oil and a few more items. I’ve been more disciplined in the last week and a half then I’ve ever been. It has really made me realize how many hidden sugars are in almost everything we eat.
I went out to sushi with some friends over the weekend in hopes that I could politely explain to the chef my food restrictions without 1) Looking like “that girl” and 2) having to eat sheets of seaweed all night. It really helped that one of my girlfriends, that was with me, is also on the same program so we could yell at each other when ever we reached for someone else's rice covered roll. The chef was nice enough to make up a few rolls using a only a variety of yummy, fresh sashimi. Then being as hungry as I was and knowing that ginger is on the “approved” list of foods, I ordered a house salad with ginger dressing. Innocent enough I thought. In fact my friend ordered two and what’s the more is we ordered a side of dressing to dip our sashimi in. It was like candy! Ginger never tasted so good. And when I was all done and filled to the brim, I decided it was a good time to find out what the ingredients were. All I heard was, “Ketchup, Sugar, Peanut Oil..”. Really!? Awesome. Again, a great reminder that we have no idea what we are eating even when we are trying to be healthy. 
I was determined to create my own ginger dressing. Being that I made mine in the Blendtec, it turned out to be a creamy ginger dressing. Its made eating two salads a day something to look forward to. If you don’t own a billion dollar blender, just mince all of the ingredients and blend them in a regular blender. 

3/4 c. Ginger, fresh and peeled
1/4 c. Onion
2 Celery Stalk
1/2 Garlic Clove
1/3 c. Olive Oil
1/2 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
4 tea. Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
1/2 tea. Stevia
1 Lemon, juice
1/2 tea Sea Salt
1/4 tea. Ground Pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together in the blender until well blended. 
Serves 20

Gluten Free, No Refined Sugar, Raw

No comments:

Post a Comment